ZOOM: Thursday night, July 30, 2020
Over 40 people were in attendance for the 3rd Annual Prospects1500 Conference. Prospects1500’s Scott Greene (@Scotty_Ballgame) acted as moderator and special guest panelists Jonathan Mayo (@JonathanMayo) from MLB.com and MLBPipeline.com, Emily Waldon (@EmilyCWaldon) from The Athletic, and Eric Cross (@EricCross04) from Fantrax discussed several current topics and their views on prospects we need to be watching.
Some of the questions the panel addressed for the audience before the general 30 minute Q&A session were:
- Which players drafted in 2019 have made the most progress and are highest on your list right now?
- Which players drafted in 2019 could have been in the Futures Game this year had it been played and/or should be/could be in the 2021 game? Can you see any 2020 draftees in next year’s Futures Game?
- Any players that may have been outside your Top 100 going into this season but for one reason or another (hype, Spring Training/Summer Camp performance, industry helium) are now Top 50 or better players?
- What’s your favorite type of dynasty fantasy baseball league format, and why? Thinking about settings, roster size, Roto or H2H, etc.
- Which prospects do we all need to know more about?
Conference History: Our first Prospects1500 Conference happened All-Star Weekend 2018 in Washington, DC with special guests Brent Hershey (BaseballHQ), Ben Badler (Baseball America) and Adam McInturff (2080 Baseball). The 2nd Annual took place on Futures Game morning last year in Cleveland, OH with an amazing guest panel of Chris Blessing (BaseballHQ), Ray Butler (Prospects 365) and Jason Mastrodonato (Baseball Prospectus).
The meeting/call was just over an hour and is certainly worth a watch or listen. We recorded the Zoom meeting and you can view this fun baseball prospects discussion on our Prospects1500 YouTube channel. The video is available here on this page as well. Enjoy!